Friday, March 27, 2015

March Favourites 2015

I cannot believe how fast the time is passing by! I know March has not ended just yet, but it's almost April and I wanted to write a list and tell you all about the best products I bought/received this month. It was definitely a big month for me and my make-up collection, I received some awesome goodies and got my bonus at work which meant SHOPPING! I spent way more than I intended to, but that's ok, all in the name of beauty (is what I tell myself to make me feel better and less guilty!). Plus I get to write these awesome little posts and tell you all about it. Alright, get ready for quickie reviews of the products I am in love with and maybe you will like a few! In no particular order, here we go:

1. No.7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream

I talked about this product in my Skincare and Make-up Routine post a couple of weeks back (read here), and this is by far the best night cream I have ever used. It smells really good, leaves my dry skin feeling great and it dries in no time! I have been using this for a month or so now, not long at all, but I can already see results. It feels light on my skin and in the morning my face is not at all greasy, plus a little goes a long way. I bought this on sale at Boots (3 for 2 on N.7 products) which is still on I believe and I super recommend it if you have normal/dry skin like I do. It only costs £13.50, so I'd rather buy this than spend a ridiculous amount of money on a product that will give me the same result. 

2. Profile Nail Polish Thinner 
Ever used nail polish remover to revive old nail polish? I did! many many manyyyy times. The end result was always the same: ruined varnishes thrown in the bin. Using it for this purpose it's a big no-no! It makes the colour and finish very dull and we definitely don't want that. Don't judge me, but only recently did I find out that there was something called Nail Polish Thinner. I know it's been around for a long time, but I finally got me one of these and now all my polishes have a second chance at life (how poetic). This products works so well and I have been able to use my favourite colours again and again, a big yes-yes! I got mine on Amazon for like 5 bucks, so check it out here.

3. Essie Nail Varnish Duo 

Speaking of nail polish, I got this super cute Limited Edition Gift set by Essie. The theme is "Royal Baby" and the set features 2 gorgeous colours, a baby pink:"Lovie Dovie"and of course, a baby blue: "Lapiz of Luxury". Check out my mani below: 

The pink polish is like a perfect flamingo pink, very romantic and bright (a bit too bright for some people, but not me!) and the blue is like a dreamy ocean blue. Both super perfect for spring and I have literally been wearing them non-stop!

4. Dailus PRO Matte Liquid Lipsticks

These are by far THE best lipsticks I have ever tried and here's why:
1. The colours are highly pigmented, they give amazing coverage and are so versatile. 
2. They really are matte (I hate when a product claims to be something it is not). 
3. They are cheap (approx 5 quid).
4. These have such a good durability. I find that even after I've eaten something, the colour is still intact. Here are a few swatches so you can totally see what I am talking about when I say these are perfection:
Only problem is, they are only sold in Brazil and every month new shades seem to be coming out which is a bummer because no store does overseas delivery, so thank you Flávia for bringing these for me! BUT not all hope is lost yet! The lipsticks that in my opinion can compete with Dailus are these one here by Anastasia Beverly Hills. The colours are pretty awesome too and they are available online in the UK. 

5. Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara

What it claims to do: "Our 1st Layer-Reveal Brush captures even the tiniest lashes and volumises the look of longer lashes for a layered, multiplied lash look". My verdict: I have had a few high end mascaras, yet this one manages to achieve the same great results at a fraction of the price! Here's a swatch of it:
The brush is amazing and separates every lash. The formula curls and lengthens my lashes in only 2 coats and I have people asking me if these are my real lashes! It doesn't flake, clump, fade or run down my face and the result are long, fluttery yet natural lashes. A great all rounder and definitely the best I have used in a long time. 

6. Max Factor Colour Corrector Sticks
Or as my mother likes to call it, the "magic stick". This one comes in a variety of shades, but I purchased the yellow one and I have been loving it. The yellow one aims to to correct and perfect any tonal imperfections in your skin such as dark under eye circles, but if you have redness or blemishes that you wish to cover, check my guide for choosing the right colour here. There are some mixed reviews on this one, some people love it, some hate it. 
I personally think this is a great product and even though the product is somewhat chalky this works well on me because I have oily under eyes. I blend it on before applying foundation and concealer. It's lightweight and comfortable, and invisible under the rest of my make up. Even though it's not the cheapest out there, I couldn't be happier, and I'll definitely be looking into trying the other shades too! 

7. Real Techniques Stippling Brush

Not the cheapest and for a £11.99 brush I thought, this better be good. Guess what? It is. This is the best brush I have amongst the many (many, many) brushes I own. It blends foundation in really well and gives a lovely finish. The bristles are soft and easy to clean. It totally transforms the appearance of my foundation giving it a flawless finish. My face looks somewhat airbrushed as it blends perfectly, leaving no streaks behind (something I hate) so it's well worth the money! I personally use this for foundation as I said, but there are multiple different ways you can use it too, check out the original video by Real Techniques teaching us what we can do with it here.

8. Rimmel BB Cream 9 in 1
I have had no luck with BB creams in the past. They all just felt too creamy/watery and not at all covering. It doesn't help that I feel like BB creams should give me coverage like foundation does, so when I saw this at the supermarket for like £3, I didn't think much. I thought 9 properties was asking for too much: "primes, moisturises, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens, and helps protect", yeah right!!!. But this stuff is amazing and I am in love. I use the light shade and it added just the right amount of colour to my skin without making me look orange. For the price it was an absolute bargain and I don't have to use loads to get a good coverage. Blends in easily, skin looks smooth and soft, and lightweight. I stand corrected, BB creams can be great! Do try it for yourself!

9. Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On 

When I see products like this, I usually don't bother, but when I saw it on sale at Boots I thought I'd give it a try. I now love this eye roll-on and is definitely something I will be purchasing again and again! I use this after removing my make up and it instantly cools my under eye area. It's not magic but it does reduce redness. It is really easy to apply and feels really light on my skin. I particularly like how it dries quickly and how much more awake I look after putting it on. I have been using this for a few weeks now and people have noticed how diminished my dark circles appear. Everything by Simple that I have tried in the past has won me over, this is not any different.

So these are the products I am in love with at the moment. Now I feel like I should write a post about the bad products I have come across too ( I have way too many of these!). What do you think? Wanna share a few of your favourites? Leave a comment below! 

Thanks again for reading beauties and have a beautiful weekend ahead!

xoxox


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a great informative post . I love the rimmel bb cream !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Staves :) I love it too, isn't it fab?! love, Pam xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! In return, I am happy to check your blog so make sure you leave your link below but please NO SPAM and NO FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW, ok?! Thanks for the visit beauties, Pam Scalfi♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Pam Scalfi♥ . All rights reserved.
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY pipdig