Monday, May 18, 2015

My First Glossybox: May 2015

My first ever beauty box from Glossybox has finally arrived and here is what I received in this month's box!


Thank you Glossybox for the warm welcome and the super cute free shopper bag as an extra treat! I, of course, wanted to try out all products before telling you guys about them and here's my verdict!


Let's start with my favourite: 
Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara | £2.29


Even though this is the cheapest item in the box, it has for sure left a good impression on me. The packaging is beautiful and delicate. The consistency of this mascara is also really lovely and the wand reminds me of Maybelline Lash Sensational, which is my favourite mascara of all time, so this had big shoes to fill and it did so surprisingly well. With a few coats this mascara lengthens, curls and volumizes my lashes and is the one I've been wearing non-stop ever since.

MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand | £6.95


A lot of people weren't too keen on this product when they gave us a sneak peek last month, but I personally was super excited. I had never heard of this boutique brand before but the quality of the "wand" has caught my eye (literally). I have already worn both ends of this highly pigmented liner and having blue eyes myself, these beautiful blue shades certainly brighten up my look. This spring/summer I'm going for bolder colours and this is what perfect timing looks like!


From left to right:

Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel | £15.93
A refreshing moisturiser for instant rescue when my skin needs a little (read a LOT) TLC. I tested this out during the weekend after sitting in the sun all day Sunday, and it soothed my post-sun skin really well. I also applied this before my make-up routine and it provided me with that healthy glow we all want! Kind of expensive for such a small full-sized product but perfect for that summer holiday I have coming up. 

SASS Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate | £12 
A bit of a weird one, but extremely useful if you think about it. My skin isn't very sensitive post shave or wax, but I like that this product reduces hair regrowth and this will come in handy this summer. I massaged this after shaving and whilst it does sooth the skin, I'm still waiting to see when a shave will be due next. Fingers crossed! 

Zerreau Towel Off Shampoo Foam | £7.95 
Again, not a crowd pleaser amongst the Glossybox subscribers, but I find this to be a good alternative for dry shampoos (not a fan of that stuff myself). You do need to dose this correctly as it can potentially leave your hair look greasier than before, but if done right, a really good product that leaves my hair felling clean, soft and fresh without the need of water.


All in all I'm really glad I signed up to Glossybox as it gives me the opportunity to try stuff I never would have otherwise. I was having doubts about this box after reading a few reviews online, but it has not disappointed me in the slightest. I love the packaging and the products range, and even though I intend to sign up to other beauty boxes to see what else is on the market, Glossybox is the one I will be keeping for a few months to see how it turns out, but I have high hopes already! Plus, we get Flash Tattoos next month just in time for festival season and am I the only one who thinks these are actually really cool?

Are you signed up for any beauty boxes? Let me know!

xoxo

SHARE:

76 comments

  1. The packaging of the Glossy Box is so pretty! I really like that eyeliner - I hope you post a look with it!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Colleen!
      On my Instagram, the first above if you scroll up, I'm wearing the liner and the mascara :)
      xoxo
      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  2. It's like there's something for everyone in glossybox, I'm on the fence about signing up for them but they do seem to include some great products.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit like that too, but I thought what the hell...its only £10 a month :) If you do wish to sign up, there are lots of options so I'd check which one is more "you". Thanks for the visit beautiful :)

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  3. Ooo such a great review as always! I love the sound of the Aloe Vera Gel, as my skin doesn't seem to like the sun at all, but some of the suncreams can feel a little heavy. The post shaving spray does sound a little strange, but I'm glad it exists! Think about it - men have aftershave and all these post-shave skin care products which women don't seem to have even though they shave just as often! x

    Ornella @ euhnella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true!
      Thank you for your always wonderful comments beautiful!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! There are so many beauty box out there I still don't know which one to sign up for.

    emmajane01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are indeed. I want to try Birchbox and Little Box next :)

      Thanks for the comment Emma xoxo

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  5. really want to try glossybox now! :)<3
    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should :)

      Thanks for the visit!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  6. Awesome stuff!
    Love, Annluck
    http://blackrosebyannluck.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. those products look really interesting. i never tried the glossy box, everyone is talking about!

    http://annazuerker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first too and I'm excited for the next one already!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  8. Many great cosmetics! I would like to try this Aloe Vera gel and eyeliner!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to try the mascara and thank you for your comment on my blog.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  10. I'm so curious about that mascara :D

    xoxo*
    Ana Pinto
    http://style2beautyblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cheap yet really good. I personally like it :)

      Thanks for stopping by Ana!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  11. the packaging on the mascara is adorable! I have never signed up to a subscription box but its so tempting!


    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Why dont you!! It's only £10 ish a month :)

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  12. Lovely post Pam! Makes me want a Glossybox subscription even more, but it's not available where I live arrrgh :(
    xo

    Klaudia // klaudiam96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no....Maybe there are similar ones? I'm super excited for next one already hahaha.

      Thanks for visit Klaudia xx
      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete

  13. The boxes always tempted me although but I had never ordered any of them.. This box looks tempting;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? You should try it at least once. Can always cancel anyway :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  14. Wonderful Post !

    Cyra von:
    http://bedeutungsvolle-momente.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Essence Mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This month was only my second Glossybox so nice hearing what you thought about some of the products I received too!! <3
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe for your always kind comments xxx

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  17. I am not signed up for any subscriptions boxes, I wish we could get boxycharm though!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that available here in the UK? I hear its a big one in the US!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  18. great review! I like the packaging of glossy box it's really cute! :)

    http://lovepeaceandshimmer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I love the packaging!!

    Adi xx
    http://www.fancycorrectitude.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isnt it beautiful?

      Thanks for the visit!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  20. Cute bag :) I have the Lash Princess Mascara from a previous box and I LOVE it! I use it everyday and I love the way it makes my lashes look :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? Love it!

      I'm starting to really like it too. Thanks for the visit Natalie xx

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  21. Wow this looks great! I have used that mascara before and it is great xxx
    Hayley xxx
    I thought you may like to enter my give-away to win a fantastic nail varnish set from Ciate London
    http://mydebeauvoirdiaries.com/?p=4297

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its great too!
      Thanks for the visit Hayley and yh I will check it out xx

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  22. Thank you! I try haha.

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. The shopper bag is adorable! It's super cute! The MeMeMe eyeliner looks so cool, and the pigment looks amazing! Great job! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are both really cute :D

      Thanks for the visit beautiful.

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  24. I didn't sign for Glossybox, still not sure if I really like all the products I would get. I'm glad you like it (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do! Thanks for the visit.

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  25. Amazing , I love them all!!!


    http://ovationspas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  26. Glad you liked your box! I've heard aloe vera lotions work a dream on damaged skin!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I love that lotion :D

      Thanks for visiting Zahra!

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  27. Wow this is everything i would want in a glossy box
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the next boxes are just like this one :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  28. You got really cut blog here.
    I didn't know something like this box exciste, but it just look super cute and exciting. Can't wait to check it out.
    kiss kiss

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do check it out. It's pretty awesome :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  29. You got some nice products. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!

      Thanks for stopping by :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  30. Love the shopping bag! And I definitely need to try out essence mascaras, I love their eyeliners (the brown one called Teddy is a favourite!)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mascara is my first Essence product ever and I definitely want more :D

      Thanks for the visit Erin.

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  31. you got some very nice products in your box :)

    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. That shopper is so cute! I find I'm always disappointed with subscription boxes but it looks like you got a nice range of products.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a but scared I wasn't gonna like it but I love. Cant wait for the next one already :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  33. That mascara looks so cool !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? Thanks for stopping by Carina.

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  34. super weird but my favorite part of this is the packaging:)

    spencrescurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think thats weird at all haha :)

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete
  35. I got one last Christmas and I'm still using it. I guess I'll buy a new one sometime by the end of this year, I can't consume much of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds fair. Whereas I want new stuff all the time :D

      Pam Scalfi♥

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! In return, I am happy to check your blog so make sure you leave your link below but please NO SPAM and NO FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW, ok?! Thanks for the visit beauties, Pam Scalfi♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Pam Scalfi♥ . All rights reserved.
BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY pipdig